Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Back!

Ok, so it has been almost 2 years since I wrote anything. My sister-in-law, Whitney, has influenced me to begin blogging. She is a gifted writer and has been very successful with her blog. (Check it out at www.glamlifehousewife.blogspot.com ) So, here I am - sharing my guts with the world.
This first post is just to get you caught up on my life right now. In February of last year, I had a baby boy, Desmond. He was 7 lbs 5 oz. Although not a very big newborn, he grew very quickly. He is known as a "chunky monkey." He is starting to thin out now, but he's still squishy. He is the pride and joy of my life. He isn't walking yet, but he's getting into everything just crawling around. The way I see it, he is going to walk for the rest of his life. He can crawl as long as he'd like!
In March of last year, we accepted the call to go to The Donelson Fellowship in Nashville for my husband to be the youth pastor there. We have loved every second of it and are very grateful for our church family. Needless to say, we hit the ground running with 28 graduating Seniors last May. We headed straight into summer with summer camp in Florida (which was Desmond's first trip to the beach). My first nephew (my brother's son) on my side was born May 30th. So, Desmond and I trekked to Oklahoma for him to meet his new sweet cousin, Levi. We had a full summer of trips to Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas, etc. etc. By September, Des had been to his 12th state! He was only 7 months old.
Skipping along, we had all of Aaron's family in for Thanksgiving. There was a total of 27 of us for dinner that day. It was crazy and there were people everywhere, but it was a blast! Christmas came and went. We celebrated with my family in Oklahoma. It was a white Christmas for Des and Levi's first Christmas. We took pictures of them in the snow. Levi was fine, but Desmond HATED the white stuff! Just this past weekend, however, we had more snow and he did much better.
Next Saturday is Desmond's first birthday. I absolutely can not believe it! This year has been a blast and a blur! It has flown by, but we have learned new things every day. I'll be sharing with you those things I have learned.
Well, enough rambling. I hope to update again soon.

3 comments:

Living Abundantly said...

Yipee!!! Maybe I'll update my blog soon too. Ummm ... gotta write a bunch of stuff for T&P so maybe not. Feeling cold and tired. Think I'm gonna fix me a cup of hot tea, cover up with a cozie blanket, and lay down on the couch to "watch a movie" (take a nap). Love you!!!!

one of nettie's girls said...

Well, I will be looking forward to many pictures and posts from you. Don't forget to put lots of pictures of Desmond. :):)

Whitney said...

Hey, put the "followers" gadget on there so I can follow you and know when you update! :) Love you! So glad you're back to blogging! (I remember our many many e-mail conversations about this back and forth "back in the day"! Remember?! LOL)