Friday, February 19, 2010

Wife turned nurse

My husband, Aaron, had surgery yesterday to have his tonsils removed. At 24 he waited a little late, but better late than never. He usually gets strep throat between 4-8 times a year. He had surgery scheduled a few years ago during Christmas break, but we decided to get married instead. OOPS! :-)
What is it with men when they are sick? They become big babies. I love my hubby and he is a good patient, but can not seem to do anything for himself. As his wife, I love taking care of him, but it wears on you when it is 24-7. I also have a little boy to take care of so, essentially, I have to babies on my hands for a few days. However, when women are sick, we have to take care of ourselves and everyone else still. There is not much time for us to be babied. I suppose that is why we are the nurturing mothers...and the fathers are just rough and tough with the kiddos.
Anyway, Aaron is doing great. He has only had a little bit of pain...but he is highly medicated! He has been sleeping a lot, eating ice cream and mac n cheese, drinking gatorade and ginger ale, and being lazy trying to recover. I hope it is a quick recovery!
I appreciate all of your prayer for Aaron and for myself - patience is a virtue, Casey.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

They are all that like BIG BABIES when they get sick! Hope he recovers quickly!