Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I have a 1 year old...now that's just crazy!



Saturday was Desmond's 1st birthday. I simply can not believe this past year has flown by so fast! My baby is not an infant anymore...he's a 1 year old! He's a big boy...starting to take his first steps and talking all the time as if you should know what he's saying. It is so much fun!


 




  <---Des in the wagon his Poppy made him! It is awesome!









 On Saturday, we had a big party with friends and family...over 50 people! Our little boy is most definitely loved! He was spoiled with some great gifts and lovin's. Seeing as though he loves food in general, he had NO problem DEVOURING his cake! Needless to say, he enjoyed it a little too much. When I woke him up Sunday morning to go to church, he had thrown up in his crib and fallen back asleep in it. YUCK! He had to get another bath and the sheets and bumpers all came out to get bleached.
 








 <---Des and his best friend, Mayer







 



As you know, Sunday was Valentine's Day. It took me back to memories of last V-day. I was totally surprised Des had arrived and was overjoyed to have a Valentine and a Jr. Valentine. This year was no exception. My boys loved on me and it was a great day.




 

My mom and dad got to come visit for a few days too. They came in Friday night for the party on Saturday and just left this morning. Whenever my parents come, TONS of stuff gets done around our house. When we moved in this house last May, they did so much work to makeover several rooms. This visit was no different. Although many of the fix-its they made were not necessarily noticable to the average Joe, they make a HUGE difference to us! We get to see them every few months, usually, and it is always nice for Des to see his grandparents - and them love on him! He is one loved little boy!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Your son is adorable!! Happy Birthday!!

Living Abundantly said...

Loved being with you all, as usual. So thankful God allowed me to make the trip. Wish I had felt better, but will continue to be thankful for just being together. Love you much!!!!