Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lock-ins and more

Let me just start by saying, I despise staying up all night. I always have. I get a headache around 3 a.m. and feel like doo-doo the next few days. They are even worse now. This momma needs her sleep! We had a lock-in this past Friday night with 65 teenagers. We had a great time, but I'm just now getting fully recovered from it. What is the point of making yourself feel miserable because you stayed up all night and played games? I would rather have 5 activities 5 days in a row than stay up like that. BOO!!!!
Needless to say, it all went well besides one trip to the E.R. for one of our teen girls - she broke her arm. The kids had fun playing dodge ball, giant volleyball, hide and seek, cards, and so much more.
What do you think about lock-ins? Do you have any memories or thoughts about them? Are you on my side about despising them?

1 comment:

Living Abundantly said...

I only like them b/c I know our teens LOVE them. I always enjoy myself, but it takes me days and days to recover from them. If you can have one at a place like JBU that offers many options for fun - swimming, racquetball, basketball, volleyball, movie theater, ping pong, foosball, lounge area, etc. - it makes the time go by a lot faster. Still, what a toll it takes on our "old" bodies!!!!