Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend in Oklahoma

I just returned from Oklahoma for Gary and Cassie's wedding. It was a good, but busy week/weekend. There were a few interesting and unforgettable moments the few days I was there. First of all, I got pulled over taking the dresses to get them steamed. Oh well...no ticket. Second, Alison and I were in a wedding for some people who had called Bro. Jeff that morning and told him they wanted to get married. He counseled with them and decided to go ahead with the ceremony. I was the best man and Alison was the maid of honor. Quite interesting! The sanctuary was already decorated and we were both in shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops! heheThird, I haven't had my ears pierced since I was 6. I was highly allergic to any and every kind I could find. These holes have been plugged up now for 16 years! Cassie had forgotten that I don't wear earrings. I couldn't be the only bridesmaid without them, though. So, I tried putting them in. The left one went in just fine...imagine that! The right, however, was a bit more difficult. I ended up having to pierce it again with the earring. OUCH! But, I did get them in and wore them in the wedding. It was such a sweet ceremony. I loved being able to watch my best friend marry the love of her life. Gary is such a wonderful man and Cassie a lovely Godly lady. Congratulations to the two of them. It truly was an honor to get to be a part of their day!

No comments: